Job interviews are a difficult time for many people. Some candidates get nervous, others do not know very well that they have to respond and others simply are not aware of how to act.
When attending an interview, keep in mind that human resources employees have a series of questions that are repeated very frequently. The answer that the interviewee answers will mark the evolution of the conversation .
The 10 questions you have to know how to answer in an interview
The Spanish Confederation of Small and Medium Enterprises (CEPYME) explains that the large number of candidates who appear for interviews forces recruiters to introduce modern filtering tools, such as the ‘Killer Questions’.
“These are questions that are posed to applicants during a first phase and that help to obtain detailed information about their personal and professional profile,” they point out.
These are the most frequent ‘Killer Questions’
- What do you know about our company?
- What extra value can you bring to our company?
- Why have you been so long in the same position and in the same company?
- Don’t you think you are overqualified for the position?
- What does work mean to you?
- Tell me about a situation in which you did not act appropriately. What have you learned from her?
- What is your time horizon for the next 5 years?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
- What are your financial expectations?
- What would you do if you disagreed with your boss?
These questions will allow the recruiter to filter the candidate, so the answer must be very accurate, since otherwise you will not be able to access the position. For this reason, CEPYME lists a series of answers that can be given to these questions in order to succeed.
Here’s how you should respond to surprise the recruiter
- Respond in a concise, thoughtful and, above all, sincere way.
- It is necessary to control non-verbal communication, facial expressions and manage silences so as not to cause an uncomfortable situation.
- Try to always give a well-argued answer and according to what is asked.
- In case they need to talk about related experience, keep in mind that this question represents a good opportunity to highlight the strengths and differentiate themselves from the competition.
- When an uncomfortable question arises, CEPYME advises to reformulate it, always transmitting a calm and positive attitude.
- Memorizing a series of responses and suddenly releasing them does not contribute anything.
- Try not to hesitate or show an aggressive or defensive attitude.
- Finally, it is convenient to empathize with the interviewer and adapt the speech and attitude to what the coach is looking for. “Sometimes he will adopt the role of friend, generating a climate of trust so that communication flows better, but in other cases he may appear aggressive, asking intimidating questions to assess resistance to frustration. In any case, he tries to answer without entering in conflict or create a climate of tension, “they explain.
This is the best way to convince the recruiter and differentiate yourself from the rest of the candidates. Following these guidelines, the chances of getting the position will be significantly higher, although the preparation and training of the employee must always be taken into account.